El Bait Shop, 8 Degrees Plato, HopCat and Mekong Restaurant & Bar in top five
It's not an easy feat deciding what you want when going out for a beer at one of these 10 bars, nominated by a panel of beer experts and voted as the best in the U.S. by 10Best readers. Each offers a stellar selection of draft and bottled beers, many with a focus on regional or Belgian beers. Pair that with a relaxed atmosphere and knowledgable bar staff ready to help any guest become a beer junkie, and you've got a recipe for a great beer bar.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Beer Bar are as follows:
- The Bavarian Lodge - Lisle, Ill.
- El Bait Shop - Des Moines
- 8 Degrees Plato - Detroit
- HopCat - Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Mekong Restaurant & Bar - Richmond, Va.
- Belmont Station - Portland, Ore.
- The Happy Gnome - St. Paul
- The Avenue Pub - New Orleans
- The Bier Stein - Eugene, Ore.
- Bailey’s Taproom - Portland, Ore.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Julia Herz (Brewers Association), Jack Muldowney (The Hop Review) and Ale Sharpton (AleSharpton.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience in the American beer industry.
Congratulations to all these amazing beer bars from coast to coast!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo