Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival, Great Taste of the Midwest, Field of Beers and BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival also winners
Great beer festivals not only allow you to sample a huge variety of interesting brews, they also often offer opportunities to interact directly with the brewers, sample professionally paired food and mingle with fellow aficionados. These 10 festivals, voted to the top by USA TODAY 10Best readers, rank among the most travel-worthy in the U.S.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Beer Festival are as follows:
- Great American Beer Festival - Denver
- Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival - Atlantic City
- Great Taste of the Midwest - Madison, Wis.
- Field of Beers - Jupiter, Fla.
- BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival - Galveston, Texas
- North American Belgian Beer Festival - Westland, Mich.
- Tailspin Ale Fest - Louisville
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown - Cooperstown, N.Y.
- Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers - Chicago
- Decatur Craft Beer Festival - Decatur, Ga.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Ruth Berman (Bon Beer Voyage), Jack Muldowney (The Hop Review) and Ale Sharpton (AleSharpton.com) were chosen based on their extensive beer knowledge and experience.
Additional nominees for the title of Best Beer Festival included Beer Under Glass, Dark Lord Day, Extreme Beer Fest, The Festival, Fresh Hop Ale Festival, HOToberFest, Oregon Brewers Festival, SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, Snallygaster and Wicked Weed Funkatorium Invitational.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winning festivals.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo