Cream Ale from Newburgh Brewing Company Wins Best Beer Label!
8-Bit Pale Ale, B/A/Y/S (Black As Your Soul) Imperial Stout, Ninja vs. Unicorn Double IPA and Founders Breakfast Stout also winners
They say don't judge a book by its cover, but when faced with an ever expanding selection of craft beer cans and bottles, sometimes you have to judge a beer by its label. A great beer label pushes boundaries, epitomizes the beer within, captures the eye or makes us smile. Some manage all four.
For the past four weeks, USA TODAY 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorite beer labels from a pool of 20 nominees. The results are in! Did your favorite make the top 10?
The top 10 winners in the category Best Beer Label are as follows:
- Cream Ale - Newburgh Brewing Company
- 8-Bit Pale Ale - Tallgrass Brewing Co.
- B/A/Y/S (Black As Your Soul) Imperial Stout - Adroit Theory Brewing
- Ninja vs. Unicorn Double IPA - Pipeworks Brewing Co.
- Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Co.
- Moondance - Southbound Brewing Company
- Fade to Black - Left Hand Brewing Company
- Selfies Are For Wieners Double IPA - Spiteful Brewing
- Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout - Foothills Brewing
- Suburban Beverage - Perennial Artisan Ales
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jim Dykstra & Chris Guest (The Beer Connoisseur), Gary Monterosso (What’s On Tap), Jack Muldowney (The Hop Review) and Ale Sharpton (AleSharpton.com) were chosen based on their extensive beer knowledge and experience.
Other nominees for Best Beer Label included Black Angel from Wicked Weed Brewing, Brew Free! Or Die IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery, Hipster Ale from Evil Twin Brewing, Imperial Stout Trooper from New England Brewing Co., Life & Limb from Dogfish Head & Sierra Nevada, PDX Carpet IPA from Rogue Ales, Rare Bourbon County Brand Stout from Goose Island Beer Co., Tesseract from Grimm Artisanal Ales, Theophan the Recluse from Three Taverns Craft Brewery and Yacht from Stillwater Artisanal Beer.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winning beers.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo