Roller coasters, funnel cakes, Ferris wheels and ring-a-bottle – if these things say "summer" to you, then these 10 American boardwalks make for an ideal summer escape. Sea air, summer sun and a stroll-able walkway, combined with a dose of old fashioned kitsch, make boardwalks an iconic element of the American summer.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Boardwalk are as follows:
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Calif.
- Ocean City Boardwalk - Ocean City, Md.
- Carolina Beach Boardwalk - Carolina Beach, N.C.
- Wildwoods Boardwalk - Wildwoods, N.J.
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk - Virginia Beach, Va.
- Jenkinson's Boardwalk - Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.
- Hampton Beach Boardwalk - Hampton Beach, N.H.
- Old Orchard Beach Pier - Orchard Beach, Maine
- Seaside Heights Boardwalk - Seaside Heights, N.J.
- Atlantic City Beach and Boardwalk - Atlanic City
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts James Lilliefors (America’s Boardwalks) and Anna Hider (Roadtrippers) were chosen based on their knowledge of great American boardwalks.
Other nominees included Coney Island Boardwalk, Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, Kemah Boardwalk, Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade, Navy Pier, Newport Beach Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk, Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk, Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach Boardwalk.
Congratulations to all our winners!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo