New York Botanical Garden takes second place
Favorite springtime attractions, botanical gardens offer travelers the chance to explore the colorful flora of the world while learning about local and native plant varieties. The best botanical gardens in the nation, like these 10 nominated by our panel of experts and voted the best in the U.S. by our readers, help to promote and conserve the plant diversity of our planet, all while showcasing their vast collections in stunning, visitor friendly ways.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Botanical Garden are as follows:
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum - Chaska, Minn.
- New York Botanical Garden - Bronx, N.Y.
- Missouri Botanical Garden - St. Louis
- Desert Botanical Garden - Phoenix
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens - Fort Bragg, Calif.
- The Dawes Arboretum - Newark, Ohio
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia - Athens, Ga.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park - Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden - Atlanta
- Chicago Botanic Garden - Chicago
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Cindy Brockway (The Trustees), Kyle McCarthy (Family Travel Forum), Abby Meyer ( Botanic Gardens Conservation International), Katy Moss Warner (American Horticultural Society) and Eileen Ogintz (Taking the Kids) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of American botanical gardens.
Other nominated gardens included Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Chanticleer Garden, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens, San Francisco Botanical Garden and the U.S. Botanic Garden.
Congratulations to all our winning gardens!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo