Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us.
April showers might very well bring May flowers, but at the public and botanical gardens dotting North America, there's always something in bloom. The best gardens and arboretums on the continent, like these 10 voted best in the U.S. by our readers, help to promote and conserve the plant diversity of our planet, all while showcasing their vast collections in stunning, visitor friendly ways.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Botanical Garden are as follows:
- Mt. Cuba Center - Hockessin, Del.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden - Coral Gables, Fla.
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum - Chaska, Minn.
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens - Boothbay, Maine
- Missouri Botanical Garden - St. Louis
- Ganna Walska Lotusland - Santa Barbara
- Bloedel Reserve - Bainbridge Island, Wash.
- Garden in the Woods - Framingham, Mass.
- UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley - Berkeley, Calif.
- United States Botanic Garden - Washington, D.C.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning gardens!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo