April showers might very well bring May flowers, but at these spectacular public and botanical gardens, there's always something in bloom. The best gardens and arboretums on the continent, like these 10 selected by our readers, help to promote and conserve the plant diversity of our planet, all while showcasing their vast collections in stunning, visitor-friendly ways.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Botanical Garden are as follows:
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden - Coral Gables, Fla.
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden - Cincinnati
- Botanical Cactus Garden - Ethel M Chocolates, Henderson, Nevada
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Mt. Cuba Center - Hockessin, Del.
- Naples Botanical Garden - Naples, FL
- Living Desert Zoo and Gardens - Palm Desert, Calif.
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park - Palm Coast, FL
- Portland Japanese Garden - Portland, Oregon
- Cypress Gardens - Legoland
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning botanical gardens!