Readers vote Perrysburg candy shop best in state
Named after their resemblance to the nut from the buckeye tree – the state tree of Ohio – Ohio’s favorite candy combines creamy peanut butter and chocolate into a bite-sized sweet treat. Come the holiday season, buckeyes are rolled and dipped in household kitchens across the state, but candy shops and bakeries continue to make buckeyes the old fashioned way as well, offering a sweet tooth fix throughout the year.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Buckeyes in Ohio are as follows:
- Marsha's Homemade Buckeyes - Perrysburg
- Winans Chocolates and Coffees - Multiple Locations
- Nothing But Chocolate - Cambridge
- Haute Chocolate - Cincinnati
- Eagle Family Candy - Columbus
- Anthony-Thomas Chocolates - Columbus
- Marie's Candies - West Liberty
- Whit's Frozen Custard - Multiple Locations
- Chocolate Cafe - Columbus
- The Original Goodie Shop - Upper Arlington
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo