El Yunque National Forest named Best Caribbean Attraction!
Old San Juan takes second place
There's more to the Caribbean than just beautiful beaches (though we love those too). From waterfalls and caves to ziplines and historic plantations, Caribbean travelers have no shortage of things to see and do.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Caribbean Attraction are as follows:
- El Yunque National Forest - Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan - Puerto Rico
- Shete Boka National Park - Curacao
- Arikok National Park - Aruba
- Mystic Mountain Jamaica - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Dunn's River Falls - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Donkey Sanctuary Aruba - Aruba
- Hunte's Gardens - Barbados
- Rainforest Adventures - Sint Maarten
- St. Nicholas Abbey - Barbados
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Sarah Greaves-Gabbadon (JetSetSarah.com), Melanie Reffes and Chelle Koster Walton (10Best) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of Caribbean travel.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!
A note on Irma and Maria: The 2017 hurricane season greatly impacted the Caribbean, with hurricanes Irma and Maria leaving destruction in their wakes. Where some islands were able to bounce back quickly, recovery continues on others. Each of our nominees in this contest is either currently open to visitors or has an expected opening date in 2018.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo