Old Quarry Golf Course named best in the Caribbean
Punta Espada Golf Course takes second place
Laidback, fun, insanely beautiful – these are a few of the phrases you could use to describe the experience of golfing in the Caribbean, and there are more choices than ever for teeing off in the tropical sun.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Caribbean Golf Course are as follows:
- Old Quarry Golf Course - Curacao
- Punta Espada Golf Course - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Teeth of the Dog at Casa de Campo - La Romana, Dominican Republic
- Apes Hill Club Course - Barbados
- Provo Golf Club - Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Corales Golf Course at Puntacana Resort - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- The Country Club at Sandy Lane - Barbados
- East Course at Dorado Beach - Dorado Beach, Puerto Rico
- Ocean Club Golf Course - Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Cinnamon Hill at Rose Hall - Montego Bay, Jamaica
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Melanie Reffes and Larry Olmsted were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of Caribbean travel and golf.
Congratulations to all these winning golf courses!
A note on Irma and Maria: The 2017 hurricane season greatly impacted the Caribbean, with hurricanes Irma and Maria leaving destruction in their wakes. Where some islands were able to bounce back quickly, recovery continues on others. Each of our nominees in this contest is either currently open to visitors or has an expected opening date in 2018.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo