Wisconsin natives proudly call themselves Cheeseheads, as the state leads the nation in cheesemaking. Cheese curds, a springy, squeaky byproduct of the cheesemaking process, get battered and fried until they’re crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside – an irresistible Wisconsin treat. Just about every restaurant, bar and bowling alley in the state serves them, though not all curds are created equal.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Cheese Curds in Wisconsin are as follows:
- The Old Fashioned - Madison
- Curd Girl - Madison
- Main Street Taps - Stevens Point
- Grumpy Troll Brew Pub - Mount Horeb
- Eddie Whipp's Dining Hall - Green Bay
- Sconni's Alehouse & Eatery - Schofield
- Crawfish Junction - Johnson Creek
- Chuck's Dyckesville Bowl - Luxemburg
- Pioneer Keg - Theresa
- Kristi's Restaurant - New Glarus
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo