Chicago’s version of pizza is a true indulgence – a thick cracker-like crust with equally thick layers of gooey cheese, meat (typically Italian sausage) and tomatoes cooked in an oiled steel pan. This style dates back to 1943, when Ike Sewell and Ric Riccardo opened Pizzeria Uno in Chicago’s Near North Side. Today, you’ll find the dish on pizza menus across the state, along with thin crust, crispy crust and stuffed pizzas.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Chicago-Style Pizza in Illinois are as follows:
- Pizzeria Uno and Pizzeria Due - Chicago
- Louisa's Pizza and Pasta - Crestwood
- Nancy's Pizza - Multiple Locations
- Greathouse of Pizza - Casey
- Lou Malnati's - Multiple Locations
- Exchequer Restaurant & Pub - Chicago
- Giordano's - Multiple Locations
- Aurelio's Pizza - Multiple Locations
- Papa Del's Pizza - Champaign
- Bartoli's Pizzeria - Chicago
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo