There are plenty of stories about how Southern chicken and dumplings were born from hardship, whether the Civil War or the Great Depression, but dumplings and stewed meats have been around since as early as the 15th century in Europe. Though the dish may not have originated in the South, the combination of stewed chicken and dumplings boiled in the resulting broth has become a staple of the Southern kitchen, especially in Georgia.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Chicken & Dumplings in Georgia are as follows:
- The Bear's Den - Macon
- Minnie's Uptown Restaurant - Columbus
- Nick's Buffet - Brunswick
- Mary Mac's - Atlanta
- The Oak Room - Sea Island
- Blackwater Grill - St. Simons Island
- Southern Charm Restaurant - Blue Ridge
- Watershed on Peachtree - Atlanta
- Southern Art and Bourbon Bar - Atlanta
- Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room - Savannah
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo