Nearly 19 percent of the Connecticut population is Italian American – a greater percentage than just about any other state in the U.S. Italians began surging into the state in the mid 19th century, and today, three Connecticut towns rank in the top eight cities in the U.S. for representation of Italian Americans: East Haven, North Haven and North Branford.
This rich Italian heritage is reflected in the food; you don't have to go far in the state to find a stellar Italian eatery. The star sandwich option at many of these restaurants is the chicken parm – a breaded and fried chicken cutlet topped with tomato sauce and melted cheese, and usually served on a hoagie or roll.
10Best and Sandwich America wanted to find the best chicken parm in the state, and to do so, 10Best editors joined forces with a local Connecticut food writer and The Food Channel to nominate 20 worthy restaurants across the state. For the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Chicken Parm Sandwich in Connecticut are as follows:
- Super Sandwich - Shelton
- Gaetano’s Deli - Multiple Locations
- Amore Cucina & Bar - Stamford
- A&S Italian Fine Foods - Fairfield
- Corbo's Corner Deli - Greenwich & Stamford
- Winfield Street Italian Deli - Norwalk & Westport
- JJ's Italian Kitchen - Hamden
- Tutti's Ristorante - Westport
- Corner Grinder - Hartford
- Villa Italia Ristorante & Bar - Stamford
Congratulations to all our winning restaurants and sandwich shops!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo