Native to the cold waters off the coast of Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, the Dungeness crab is prized for its sweet, succulent meat. It's the state crustacean of Oregon, and as such, it makes an appearance on seafood menus up and down the coast (and inland as well).
There isn't really a cookie cutter crab sandwich here; sometimes crab is served in a New England-style roll or mixed with breadcrumbs and fried as a crab cake. Other sandwiches come stuffed with a whole deep-fried soft shell crab or are served open-faced as a melt.
10Best and Sandwich America wanted to find the best crab sandwich in the state, and to do so, 10Best editors joined forces with a local Oregon food writer and The Food Channel to nominate 20 worthy restaurants across the state. You, our readers, have been voting daily for the past four weeks, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Crab Sandwich in Oregon are as follows:
- Deschutes Portland Public House - Portland
- Silver Salmon Grille - Astoria
- Tony's Crab Shack - Bandon
- Norma's Seafood & Steak - Seaside
- Drake - Bend
- Mother's Bistro & Bar - Portland
- Local Ocean Seafoods - Newport
- Bandon Fish Market - Bandon
- Pine Tavern Restaurant & Bar - Bend
- Northwest Wild Products Seafood Market - Astoria
Congratulations to all these winning seafood restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo