Crabbers have been commercially catching blue crabs (also known as Maryland crabs) from the Chesapeake Bay since the mid 19th century. Today, summertime means heading to your favorite crab house or seafood market to tuck into steamed crab, crab cakes and crab soup made from these Chesapeake Bay crustaceans. Steamed crabs, arguably the most popular preparation, typically get cooked in plenty of Old Bay Seasoning and are best served with a pitcher of cold beer.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Crabs in Maryland are as follows:
- Wellwood's River Shack - Charlestown
- The Point Crab House - Arnold
- Capt. Leonard's Seafood Restaurant - Mechanicsville
- Costas Inn - Baltimore
- Captain Billy's Crab House - Newburg
- The Red Roost - Quantico
- Cantler's Riverside Inn - Annapolis
- Fisherman's Crab Deck - Grasonville
- Kentmorr Restaurant and Crab House - Stevensville
- Harris Crab House & Seafood Restaurant - Grasonville
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Judy Colbert (Chesapeake Bay Crabs) and Taylor Hicks (State Plate) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the state food scene.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo