10Best readers choose Sonoma distillery as best for brandy
Brandy is enjoying a resurgence in popularity, thanks in part to renewed interest in classic cocktail recipes. The term "brandy" refers primarily to spirits distilled from wine, and more broadly to spirits distilled from fruits (also called eau de vie).
The top 10 winners in the Best Craft Brandy Distillery category are as follows:
- Korbel Brandy - Sonoma, Calif.
- J. Carver Distillery - Waconia, Minn.
- Catoctin Creek - Purcellville, Va.
- Huber's Starlight Distillery - Starlight, Ind.
- In Distill of the Night Spirits - Fresno, Calif.
- Finger Lakes Distilling - Burdett, N.Y.
- St. Julian Winery - Paw Paw, Mich.
- Napa Valley Distillery - Napa, Calif.
- Clear Creek Distillery - Hood River, Ore.
- St. George Spirits - Alameda, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Emily Arden Wells (Gastronomista); Brian Christensen (Artisan Spirit Magazine); Ziggy Eschliman, one of America's most authoritative and entertaining libation experts; Kevin Gray (Bevvy); Eric Grossman (Craft Spirits) and Jack Robertiello, a spirits competition judge, were chosen for their knowledge of the American craft spirits scene.
Congratulations to all these winning distilleries.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo