Brandy is enjoying a resurgence in popularity, thanks in part to renewed interest in classic cocktail recipes. The term "brandy" refers primarily to spirits distilled from wine, and more broadly to spirits distilled from fruits (also called eau de vie). Many of these distilleries work in small batches using locally-sourced ingredients, including apples, pears and other fruits grown on nearby orchards or in partnership with local wineries.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Craft Brandy Distillery are as follows:
- Long Road Distillers - Grand Rapids, Mich.
- AFT Distillery - Luling, Texas
- Driftless Glen Distillery - Baraboo, Wis.
- Korbel Brandy - Guerneville, Calif.
- Bluebird Distilling - Phoenixville, Penn.
- Huber's Starlight Distillery - Starlight, Ind.
- Sonoma Brothers Distilling - Windsor, Calif.
- Dorćol Distilling & Brewing Company - San Antonio
- Watershed Distillery - Columbus, Ohio
- Napa Valley Distillery - Napa, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning distilleries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo