Gin gets its name from "Genievre," the French word for juniper. This globally popular spirit begins with a neutral base spirit distilled with an array of botanicals–not just juniper berries these days–to give it its distinct aroma and flavor profile.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Craft Gin Distillery are as follows:
- Great Women Spirits - Geyserville, Calif.
- Long Road Distillers - Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Freeland Spirits - Portland, Ore.
- Santa Fe Spirits - Santa Fe
- Griffo Distillery - Petaluma, Calif.
- Durham Distillery - Durham, N.C.
- Boot Hill Distillery - Dodge City, Kansas
- Spirit Works Distillery - Sebastopol, Calif.
- Alpine Distilling - Park City, Utah
- Port Chilkoot Distillery - Haines, Alaska
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning distilleries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo