The American craft whiskey scene has really come into its own over the past few years, expanding beyond the traditional Tennessee and Kentucky bourbons to include ryes, single malts, blends and white whiskeys made with a combination of old-world and new-school techniques.
We asked a panel of American spirits experts to nominate 20 of the best craft whiskey distilleries in the USA, and four the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites. Many of these distilleries work in small batches using locally-sourced ingredients. Many are family-owned. All take pride in crafting unique whiskeys worthy of sipping.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Craft Whiskey Distillery are as follows:
- Garrison Brothers - Hye, Texas
- Balcones Distilling - Waco, Texas
- Nelson's Green Brier Distillery - Nashville
- New Liberty Distillery - Philadelphia
- Triple Eight Distillery - Nantucket, Mass.
- Kings County Distillery - Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Rogue Spirits - Newport, Ore.
- Still 630 - St. Louis
- Bully Boy Distillers - Roxbury, Mass.
- Corsair Distillery - Nashville
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Emily Arden Wells (Gastronomista), Brian Christensen (Artisan Spirit Magazine), Liam Deegan (Barrel Proof), Laura Johnson (Distillerista) and Arthur Shapiro (Booze Business) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the American craft spirits industry.
Congratulations to all our winning whiskey distilleries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo