Texas distillery makes three grain-to-glass whiskies
The American craft whiskey scene has really come into its own over the past few years, expanding beyond the traditional Tennessee and Kentucky bourbons to include ryes, single malts, blends and white whiskeys made with a combination of old-world and new-school techniques.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Craft Whiskey Distillery are as follows:
- Ironroot Republic - Denison, Texas
- Sagamore Spirit - Baltimore
- Limestone Branch Distillery - Lebanon, Ky.
- Sugarlands Distilling Company - Gatlinburg, Tenn.
- Seven Stills - San Francisco
- Smooth Ambler - Maxwelton, W.V.
- Laws Whiskey House - Denver
- Traverse City Whiskey Co. - Traverse City, Mich.
- Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. - Fort Worth
- Sons of Liberty Beer & Spirits Co. - South Kingstown, R.I.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning distilleries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo