Tahoe Donner Cross Country Center wins runner-up
Few activities can compare to cross-country skiing for the opportunity to experience a quieter, more serene side of winter (with a killer cardio workout to boot). While many alpine ski areas also offer Nordic trails, some of the best cross-country skiing is found at dedicated resorts.
We asked our readers to vote for their favorite North American nordic resorts, and the results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Cross-Country Ski Resort are as follows:
- White Grass Ski Touring Center - Davis, W.V.
- Tahoe Donner Cross Country Center - Truckee, Calif.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch - Tabernash, Colo.
- Mont-Sainte-Anne Cross-Country Ski Center - Beaupré, Quebec
- Latigo Ranch - Kremmling, Colo.
- Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre - Vernon, British Columbia
- Lone Mountain Ranch - Gallatin Gateway, Mt.
- Silver Star Mountain Resort - Vernon, British Columbia
- Jackson Ski Touring Center - Jackson, N.H.
- Methow Trails - Winthrop, Wash.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Peter Ashley, Reese Brown (Cross Country Ski Areas Association), John Morton, Liz Stephen and Jonathan Wiesel (Nordic Group International) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the North American nordic ski scene.
Congratulations to all these wining resorts!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo