Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us.
Few activities can compare to cross-country skiing for the opportunity to experience a quieter, more serene side of winter (with a killer cardio workout to boot). While many alpine ski areas also offer Nordic trails, some of the best cross-country skiing is found at dedicated resorts.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Cross-Country Ski Resorts are as follows:
- Devil's Thumb Ranch - Tabernash, Colorado
- Bear Valley Adventure Co. - Bear Valley, California
- Snow Mountain Ranch - Granby, Colorado
- Waterville Valley Resort - Waterville Valley, New Hampshire
- Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - Jackson, New Hampshire
- Crested Butte Nordic - Crested Butte, Colorado
- Gatineau Park - Chelsea, Quebec
- Nipika Mountain Resort - Kootenay National Park, British Columbia
- White Grass Ski Touring Center - Davis, West Virginia
- Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Area - Tahoe City, California
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning ski areas!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo