This is the second straight win for Devil's Thumb Ranch
Few activities can compare to cross-country skiing for the opportunity to experience a quieter, more serene side of winter (with a killer cardio workout to boot). While many alpine ski areas also offer Nordic trails, some of the best cross-country skiing is found at dedicated resorts. For everyone from beginners to long-time skiers, you can find cross country-ski resorts in your area at www.xcski.org.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Cross-Country Ski Resort are as follows:
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch - Tabernash, Colo.
- Snow Mountain Ranch - Granby, Colo.
- Bearskin Lodge and Resort - Grand Marais, Minn.
- ABR Trails - Ironwood, Mich.
- Stokely Creek Lodge - Goulais River, Ontario
- Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center - Truckee, Calif.
- Breckenridge Nordic Center - Breckenridge, Colo.
- Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Area - Tahoe City, Calif.
- SilverStar Mountain Resort - Vernon, B.C.
- Great Glen Trails - Gorham, N.H.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning resorts!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo