A stay on a dude ranch offers a family vacation experience like no other. Family ranches across the country open their doors each year, inviting guests to learn about ranching life and experience some of America's natural beauty only accessible on horseback.
These 10 U.S. dude ranches were voted the best in the country by USA TODAY and 10Best readers:
- Cherokee Park Ranch - Livermore, Colo.
- Western Pleasure Guest Ranch - Sandpoint, Idaho
- Flat Creek Ranch - Jackson, Wyo.
- Elkhorn Ranch - Tucson
- Circle Z Ranch - Patagonia, Ariz.
- Rowse's 1+1 Ranch - Burwell, Neb.
- Long Hollow Ranch - Sisters, Ore.
- Horseshoe Canyon Ranch - Jasper, Ark.
- Triple J Ranch - Augusta, Mont.
- Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch - McLeod, Mont.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jacqui Boland (Red Tricycle) and Colleen Hodson (Dude Ranchers’ Association) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of family travel and dude ranches in the U.S.
Congratulations to all these winning dude and guest ranches!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo