Hunting Island State Park, Ocracoke Island Beach, Folly Beach and Myrtle Beach also top finishers
From Maine all the way down to Florida, America's eastern shores are home to a diverse collection of beautiful beaches perfect for your next summer vacation. We asked our panel of Beach and East Coast Local Experts to pick their top Atlantic and Gulf beaches, and then 10Best readers voted for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best East Coast Beach are as follows:
- Gulf Islands National Seashore - Pensacola, Fla.
- Hunting Island State Park - Beaufort, S.C.
- Ocracoke Island Beach - Outer Banks, N.C.
- Folly Beach - Charleston, S.C.
- Myrtle Beach - Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Cape Hatteras - Outer Banks, N.C.
- Virginia Beach - Virginia Beach, Va.
- The Cove - Cape May, N.J.
- Coligny Beach Park - Hilton Head, S.C.
- Bowman's Beach - Sanibel, Fla.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Walter McLeod (Clean Beaches Coalition), Clare Sweeney, A.D. Thompson and Chelle Koster Walton were chosen based on their extensive beach knowledge and experience.
Additional nominees for Best East Coast Beach included Clearwater Beach, Coopers Beach, Cumberland Island National Seashore, Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park, East Hampton Main Beach, Kiawah Beachwalker Park, Martha's Vineyard Beaches, Nauset Light Beach, Siesta Key Beach and South Beach.
Congratulations to all our winning East Coast beaches!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo