As Kermit the Frog once said, "It's not easy being green," but these 10 U.S. hotels have gone above and beyond to promote environmental sustainability. Along the way, they've earned certification in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the U.S. Green Building Council or other industry awards in sustainability.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Eco-Friendly Hotel are as follows:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte - Charlotte
- Cedar Glen Lodge - Tahoe Vista, Calif.
- Nature Inn at Bald Eagle - Howard, Penn.
- Virgin Hotels Chicago - Chicago
- Inn by the Sea - Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Hotel Felix - Chicago
- Bardessono Hotel and Spa - Yountville, Calif.
- Proximity Hotel - Greensboro, N.C.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort - Wailea, Hawaii
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge - Brooklyn, N.Y.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning hotels and resorts!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo