Autumn plays host to some of the best festivals and family events in the USA. For the past four weeks, USA TODAY 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorite fall harvest festivals, and now the results are in!
The race between the top two finishers was a tight one, but in the end it was the Circleville Pumpkin Show in Circleville, Ohio that took home top honors. This fun family event began as a small pumpkin show in 1903 and has expanded into a week-long event with pumpkins weighing in at nearly 2,000 pounds!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Fall Harvest Festival are as follows:
- Circleville Pumpkin Show - Circleville, Ohio
- Harvest Festival - Santa Fe
- AppleJack Festival - Nebraska City, Neb.
- East Texas Yamboree - Gilmer, Texas
- Maine Harvest Festival - Bangor, Maine
- Cranberry Harvest Celebration - Wareham, Mass.
- Pumpkin Festival - Laconia, N.H.
- Bayfield Apple Festival - Bayfield, Wis.
- Louisiana Pecan Festival - Colfax, La.
- National Apple Harvest Festival - Biglerville, Penn.
Other nominees for Best Fall Harvest Festival included Harvest on the Harbor in Portland, Maine; NC Pecan Harvest Festival in Whiteville, N.C.; Reading Terminal Market Harvest Festival in Philadelphia; Sonoma County Harvest Fair in Sonoma, Calif.; Stone Barns Harvest Fest in Pocantico Hills, N.Y.; Trailing of the Sheep Festival in Hailey, Idaho; Warrens Cranberry Festival in Warrens, Wis.; Wellfleet OysterFest in Cape Cod, Mass. and World Championship Punkin Chunkin in Dover, Del.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo