According to the Farmers Market Coalition, a farmers market is "a public and recurring assembly of farmers or their representatives, selling directly to consumers food which they have produced themselves." The explosion of the farm-to-table movement in the U.S. has led to a steadily growing number of markets – more than 8,600 registered in 2021.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Farmers Market are as follows:
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket - West Palm Beach, Florida
- Green Dragon Farmer's Market - Ephrata, Pennsylvania
- Collingswood Farmers' Market - Collingswood, New Jersey
- Peachtree Road Farmers Market - Atlanta
- Pearl Farmers Market - San Antonio
- Santa Fe Farmers' Market - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Santa Monica Farmers Market - Santa Monica, California
- Ballard Farmers Market - Seattle
- Coastal Alabama Farmers & Fishermens Market - Foley, Alabama
- Chattanooga Market - Chattanooga, Tennessee
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all the winning farmers markets!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo