Best Florida Attraction: Gulf Islands National Seashore wins top honors
Clearwater Beach, J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, Dry Tortugas National Park and Crystal River Complex in top five
What do you imagine when you think of Florida? Is it the 825 miles of sun-kissed beaches or family-filled amusement parks? How about the art deco architecture or contemporary art scene? Or maybe it's the sprawling Everglades teeming with life or stone crab claws enjoyed al fresco by the shore. There's something for just about every visitor to love in the Sunshine State.
10Best enlisted a panel of our Florida Local Experts and travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and our readers have been voting for their favorites for the past four weeks.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Florida Attraction are as follows:
- Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Clearwater Beach - Clearwater
- J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge - Sanibel
- Dry Tortugas National Park
- Crystal River Complex - Crystal River
- St. Augustine Historic District
- Universal Orlando Resort - Orlando
- Walt Disney World Resort - Orlando
- Bahia Honda State Park - Big Pine Key
- Kennedy Space Center - Cape Canaveral
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Aimee Heckel, Charles McCool (McCoolTravel.com), Claudia Miller (KeysClaudia.com), Skye Rodgers, A.D. Thompson (www.amydrewthompson.com), Chelle Koster Walton and Amy West (amywesttravel.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Florida.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo