You’ll find catfish in just about every river, stream, lake and reservoir in Arkansas, and state hatcheries produce some 1.3 million fish each year to keep the population healthy. It’s no wonder catfish is such a popular dish in the Natural State. While most restaurants source U.S. farm-raised catfish for their menus, almost all serve it the traditional Arkansas way – fried and served with fries, hushpuppies, green tomato relish and tartar sauce.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Fried Catfish in Arkansas are as follows:
- Dondie's White River Princess - Des Arc
- Jason's Catfish Buffet - Jonesboro
- Brown's Catfish - Russellville
- Catfish N - Dardanelle
- The Wooden Spoon - Gentry
- Jojo's Catfish Wharf - Mountain View
- Eat My Catfish - Little Rock & Benton
- Catfish Hole - Alma & Fayetteville
- Catfish Island - Caldwell
- Fred's Fish House - Mountain Home
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo