The United States is filled with purportedly haunted locations, each with their own ghost stories and paranormal occurrences
The top 10 winners in the category Best Haunted Destination are as follows:
- Yuma Territorial Prison Museum & Park - Yuma, Ariz.
- Waverly Hills Sanatorium - Louisville
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum - Weston, W.V.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum - St. Augustine, Fla.
- The Queen Mary - Long Beach, Calif.
- West Virginia Penitentiary - Moundsville, W.V.
- Villisca Axe Murder House - Villisca, Iowa
- Fort Mifflin on the Delaware - Philadelphia
- Malabar Farm State Park - Lucas, Ohio
- Winchester Mystery House - San Jose
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning haunted destinations!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo