Winning haunted hotel was featured in the film "The Shining"
Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us. Please check individual hotel websites for the latest updates.
Ghostly apparitions, faucets turning off and on, flickering lights, and eerie sounds are just a few of the things you may encounter at one of these hotels, where certain guests have checked in but never checked out.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Haunted Hotels are as follows:
- The Stanley Hotel - Estes Park, Colo.
- 1886 Crescent Hotel and Spa - Eureka Springs, Ark.
- The Mizpah Hotel - Tonopah, Nev.
- Fainting Goat Island Inn - Nichols N.Y.
- The Marshall House - Savannah, Ga.
- Hotel Sorrento - Seattle
- Hotel Saranac - Saranac Lake, N.Y.
- La Fonda on the Plaza - Santa Fe
- The Myrtles Plantation - St. Francisville, La.
- Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast - Fall River, Mass.
Congratulations to all these winning hotels!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo