In today's travel landscape dotted with sparkling new resorts and ultra-modern skyscraper hotels, these 10 winners for Best Historic Hotel stand out from the crowd for their historic roots and unique sense of place.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Historic Hotel are as follows:
- Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island, Mich.
- Mission Inn Hotel & Spa - Riverside Calif.
- The Peabody Memphis - Memphis
- The Hermitage Hotel - Nashville
- Mohonk Mountain House - New Paltz, N.Y.
- The Broadmoor - Colorado Springs
- The Don CeSar - St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- The Royal Hawaiian - Honolulu
- The American Club - Kohler, Wis.
- The Omni Homestead Resort - Hot Springs, Va.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Marla Cimini (USA TODAY), Claire Endean-Cance (Luxury Travel Diary), Eric Grossman, Lawrence Horwitz (Historic Hotels of America and Historic Hotels Worldwide), Gerrish Lopez, Eileen Ogintz (Taking the Kids), Christopher Parr (Pursuitist) and Nancy Trejos (USA TODAY) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the hotel scene across the nation.
Congratulations to all these winning historic properties!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo