In today's travel landscape dotted with sparkling new resorts and ultra-modern skyscraper hotels, a bit of history is often welcome. Each of these classic lodgings, voted the 10 Best Historic Hotels by a panel of hotel experts, has witnessed a great deal of history, and each has held true to its historic roots and unique sense of place.
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem - Bethlehem, Penn.
- The Peabody Memphis - Memphis
- Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa - Point Clear, Ala.
- Deer Path Inn - Lake Forest, Ill.
- Hotel Trundle - Columbia, SC
- Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island, Mich.
- The Hermitage Hotel - Nashville
- The Francis House - Calistoga, Calif.
- Wentworth Mansion - Charleston
- The Broadmoor - Colorado Springs
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning hotels!