Great Dickens Christmas Fair, Holiday Festival of Lights, Bethlehem Christkindlmarkt and December Nights also winners
In cities big and small across the United States, Thanksgiving marks the start of holiday festival season. From European-style Christmas markets to staggering displays of holiday lights, these 10 holiday festivals were chosen as the best in the nation by USA TODAY 10Best readers.
It was a hard-fought race between the top two, but the Riverside Festival of Lights edged out San Francisco's Great Dickens Christmas Fair for the win. The festival previously won the title of Best Public Lights Display in 2014.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Holiday Festival are as follows:
- Riverside Festival of Lights - Riverside, Calif.
- Great Dickens Christmas Fair - San Francisco
- Holiday Festival of Lights - Charleston, S.C.
- Christkindlmarkt - Bethlehem, Penn.
- December Nights - San Diego
- Christmas Village in Philadelphia
- Georgetown Christmas Market - Georgetown, Colo.
- Downtown Holiday Market - Washington
- Winterfest Boat Parade - Fort Lauderdale
- Christkindlmarket Chicago
10Best Local Experts and Editors picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Additional nominees for Best Holiday Festival included Christmas Village in Baltimore, Celebration in the Oaks, Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt, Denver Christkindl Market, Dickens on the Strand, OC Winter Fest, Santa's Enchanted Forest, Savannah Harbor Holiday Series, Texas Christkindl Market and Winter Village at Bryant Park.
Congratulations to all of our winning festivals!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo