You don’t need a passport to have a traditional Christmas market experience. Christmas markets are a holiday tradition from Europe brought over to North America by immigrants who moved across the Atlantic. Today, cities and towns across the country host holiday markets inspired by those of Germany, complete with traditional food, music and holiday treats.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Holiday Market are as follows:
- Carmel Christkindlmarkt - Carmel, Ind.
- Bethlehem Christkindlmarkt - Bethlehem, Penn.
- Georgetown Christmas Market - Georgetown, Colo.
- Old World Christmas Market - Elkhart Lake, Wis.
- Mifflinburg Christkindl Market - Mifflinburg, Penn.
- European Christmas Market - St. Paul
- Downtown Holiday Market - Washington, DC
- Vancouver Christmas Market - Vancouver
- Christmas Village in Philadelphia - Philadelphia
- Kerstmarkt - Holland, Mich.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning holiday markets!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo