Love it or hate it, hotdish has become the unofficial state dish of Minnesota – a comfort food staple of church potlucks and family gatherings across the state. The first “hot dish” recipe on record came from a 1930 cookbook as a one-dish meal featuring hamburger, tomato soup, and canned peas. While hotdish ingredients and sophistication have grown in recent years, especially at the hands of creative Minnesota chefs looking to reinvent a classic, you’ll still often find it topped with crispy tater tots.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Hotdish in Minnesota are as follows:
- Crooked Pint Ale House - Multiple Locations
- The Good Life Cafe - Park Rapids
- Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream - New Ulm
- Stray Dog - Minneapolis
- Iron Range Eatery - Crosby
- Sweet Pea's Public House - Saint Paul
- Mason Jar Kitchen - Eagan
- 5-8 Club - Minneapolis
- Douglas Lodge Restaurant - Park Rapids
- Grumpy's Bar & Grill - Minneapolis & Roseville
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo