Gone are the days when the hotel restaurant was a dreaded last resort for a weary traveler hungry for a warm meal. Nowadays some of the top restaurants in the USA are found in hotels and resorts.
We asked a pair of hotel travel experts to pick their favorite hotel eateries in the nation as nominees for Best Hotel Restaurant. After four weeks of voting, the polls are closed and we have a winner.
Topping the list of Best Hotel Restaurants is Southern Art at the InterContinental Buckhead in Atlanta. This eatery under the direction of Chef Art Smith features a menu of elevated Southern classics and one of the few restaurants on the planet with a “ham bar” devoted to country style regional hams.
The Blue Duck Tavern at the Park Hyatt Washington, runner-up for Best Hotel Restaurant, was one of the first proponents of the farm-to-table aesthetic – nearly everything on the menu is listed with a specific farm or place of origin.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Hotel Restaurant are as follows:
- Southern Art at InterContinental Buckhead
- Blue Duck Tavern at the Park Hyatt Washington
- Penrose Room at The Broadmoor Hotel
- Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge
- Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
- Flame at the Four Seasons Vail
- Charleston Grill at Belmond Charleston Place
- Bourbon Steak at Four Seasons Washington, D.C.
- Restaurant at Inn at Little Washington
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck at Beverly Wilshire
Additional nominees included Immigrant Restaurant at the American Club Resort, Addison at The Grand Del Mar, Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, Meritage at the Boston Harbor Hotel, the Restaurant at Meadowood, Jean Georges at Trump International Central Park, Georgian Room at Sea Island Resort, the Barn at Blackberry Farm, Ko Restaurant at the Fairmont Kea Lani and Island Creek Oyster Bar at Hotel Commonwealth.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners. The contest was promoted on 10Best and USA TODAY.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo