Kohler Waters Spa at The American Club is runner up
"Spa travel experiences are not a luxury, but essential to a healthy body and mind," says 10Best Spa Expert Ava Roxanne Stritt, a.k.a. Spa Travel Gal. Some of the nation's best spas are found within hotels and resorts, and we're on the hunt for the crème de la crème.
In addition input from our panel of luxury travel and spa experts, 10Best editors considered industry awards and guest reviews to determine our 20 nominees for the category Best Hotel Spa. For the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Hotel Spa are as follows:
- Ritz-Carlton Spa, Orlando, Grande Lakes - Orlando
- Kohler Waters Spa at The American Club - Kohler, Wis.
- Ritz-Carlton Spa, Amelia Island - Amelia Island, Fla.
- Spa at Loretto - Santa Fe
- Spa at Encore - Las Vegas
- Qua Baths & Spa at Caesars Palace - Las Vegas
- Joya Spa at Omni Scottsdale Resort - Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Kea Lani - Maui, Hawaii
- Well & Being Spa at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Peninsula Spa - New York
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Anne Dimon (Travel To Wellness), Dena Roché, Ava Roxanne Stritt (Spa Travel Gal), Marla Cimini (USA TODAY), Roxanne Genier (LuxeInACity), Christopher Parr (Pursuitist) and Yasmin Pullman (Luxury Travel Diary) were chosen based on their spa and luxury travel experience.
Other nominated spas included Abhasa Spa at the The Royal Hawaiian, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea Spa, Halele'a Spa at The St. Regis Princeville Resort, Peninsula Spa, Sanctuary Resort Spa, Spa at Mandarin Oriental Atlanta, Spa at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, Spa at The Omni Grove Park Inn, Spa at Rancho Encantado, Spa Montage Laguna Beach and the Waldorf Astoria Spa.
Congratulations to all our winning spas!