The Morton Arboretum, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Driehaus Museum and Cantigny Park in top five
While Chicago dominates the state of Illinois with its big skyscrapers and even bigger cultural punch, there's more to the Prairie State than just the Windy City. World Heritage Sites, cypress swamps and famous homesteads number among the state's many worthwhile attractions.
We asked a panel of Illinois travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Illinois Attraction are as follows:
- American Writers Museum - Chicago
- The Morton Arboretum - Lisle
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum - Springfield
- Driehaus Museum - Chicago
- Cantigny Park - Wheaton
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio - Oak Park
- Cahokia Mounds - Collinsville
- Main Street - Galena
- Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago
- Chicago Riverwalk - Chicago
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. ExpertsKit Bernardi (KitTravels.com), Rosalind Cummings-Yeates and Nina Hahn were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Illinois.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo