Known for its amber waves of grain and Wizard of Oz connection, Kansas is a scenic gem of a state too often overlooked (or flown over) by travelers heading to one coast or the other. Whether you're looking for wide open spaces or a slice of the Wild West, you'll find it in the Sunflower State.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Kansas Attraction are as follows:
- Eisenhower Presidential Library & Boyhood Home - Abilene
- Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead - Overland Park
- Boot Hill Museum - Dodge City
- Fort Larned National Historic Site - Larned
- Sedgwick County Zoo - Wichita
- Strataca - Hutchinson
- OZ Museum - Wamego
- Cosmosphere - Hutchinson
- The Flint Hills
- Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve - Strong City
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Kaley Cornett (Kaley from Kansas), MeLinda Schnyder (The Wichita Eagle/Kansas.com) and Mickey Shannon (Kansas Is Beautiful) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Kansas.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo