Old Friends at Dream Chase Farm takes second place
Kentucky is perhaps best known for two things: bourbon and horses. And while these two industries certainly fuel the economy of the Bluegrass State, there's plenty more on offer beyond the rolling hills of horse country or the distilleries of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Outdoor enthusiasts find an extensive system of state and national parks, while regional culture shines in the state's cities and small towns.
We asked a panel of Kentucky travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks 10Best readers have been voting for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Kentucky Attraction are as follows:
- National Corvette Museum - Bowling Green
- Old Friends at Dream Chase Farm - Georgetown
- Louisville Mega Cavern - Louisville
- National Quilt Museum - Paducah
- Churchill Downs & Kentucky Derby Museum - Louisville
- Kentucky Horse Park - Lexington
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory - Louisville
- Mammoth Cave National Park - Mammoth Cave
- Newport Aquarium - Newport
- Creation Museum - Petersburg
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Kirby Adams (Courier Journal), Steve Coomes and Dana McMahan (bodybybourbon.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Kentucky.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo