Best Lobster in Maine: Quoddy Bay Lobster
Eastport lobster shack wins the most votes
No one does lobster quite like Maine, where summertime means heading to the local lobster shack for a steamed lobster or lobster roll with the fresh picked meat tossed in warm butter or mayo. At many of Maine’s best seafood eateries, lobster is pulled fresh from the sea daily; some let diners pick their own lobsters from a tank. Many offer waterfront views of working wharfs and fishing piers.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Lobster in Maine are as follows:
- Quoddy Bay Lobster - Eastport
- The Highroller Lobster Co. - Portland
- Robert's Maine Grill & Raw Bar - Kittery
- Erica's Seafood - Harpswell
- Wharf Gallery & Grill - Corea
- Thurston's Lobster Pound - Bernard
- Bite into Maine - Multiple Locations
- Five Islands Lobster Co. - Georgetown
- five fifty-five - Portland
- Pemaquid Seafood - Pemaquid
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Margaret Hathaway (Food Lovers’ Guide to Maine), Taylor Hicks (State Plate), Pamela Laskey (Maine Foodie Tours) and Hilary Nangle (MaineTravelMaven.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the state food scene.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants, lobster pounds and seafood shacks!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo