Best Louisiana attraction? Houmas House Plantation!
Oak Alley Plantation, Steamboat Natchez & The Mississippi River, Abita Mystery House and Honey Island Swamp in top five
A melting pot of geological and cultural influences, Louisiana presents the traveler with unique experiences found nowhere else on the planet. Stunning landscapes – pristine swamps, sprawling farmlands and the Gulf of Mexico – pair with classic jazz halls, Creole villages, French-influenced architecture and a healthy appreciation for two of life's most important pleasures, food and music.
So what's Louisiana's best attraction? We asked our readers to vote for their favorites from a pool of 20 nominees, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Louisiana Attraction are as follows:
- Houmas House Plantation - Darrow
- Oak Alley Plantation - Vacherie
- Steamboat Natchez & The Mississippi River - New Orleans
- Abita Mystery House - Abita Springs
- Honey Island Swamp - Slidell
- The National WWII Museum - New Orleans
- Vermilionville Living History Museum - Lafayette
- Mardi Gras World - New Orleans
- Atchafalaya Basin - Henderson
- City Park - New Orleans
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Beth D'Addono (100 Things To Do in New Orleans Before You Die), Andi Eaton (New Orleans Style) and Frank Relle were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Louisiana.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo