Situated at the crossroads between the North and the South, it's easy to see why Maryland has the nickname 'America in Miniature.' This diverse state has a little bit of everything – the cultural appeal of Baltimore, Appalachian Mountains to the west, sandy beaches to the east and the scenic Chesapeake Bay (with its famous blue crabs).
We asked a panel of Maryland travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Maryland Attraction are as follows:
- U.S. Naval Academy - Annapolis
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Baltimore
- Historic St. Mary’s City
- Deep Creek Lake - Swanton
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum - Baltimore
- AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center - Silver Spring
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Park - Church Creek
- Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge
- American Visionary Art Museum - Baltimore
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Judy Colbert, Rachel Cooper, Mary Ann Treger and Michael Ventura were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Maryland.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo