What's most noticeable in Massachusetts, New England's most populous state, is the sense of history evident around every corner, but the state's diverse attractions extend beyond the historic as well. Visitors can sun themselves on the beaches of Cape Cod, stroll through the nation's oldest public park in Boston or hike through the mountainous Berkshires.
We asked a panel of Massachusetts travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Massachusetts Attraction are as follows:
- Tanglewood - Lenox
- Old Sturbridge Village - Sturbridge
- Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
- Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art - North Adams
- Cape Cod National Seashore - Cape Cod
- The Freedom Trail - Boston
- The Clark Art Institute - Williamstown
- Peabody Essex Museum - Salem
- Fenway Park - Boston
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Kim Foley MacKinnon, Eric D. Lehman, Eric D. Lehman and Paul Rubio were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Massachusetts.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo