B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center wins Best Mississippi Attraction
Elvis Presley Birthplace, Vicksburg National Military Park, GRAMMY Museum and Mississippi Rock & Blues Museum in top five
The Magnolia State is many things; it's the birthplace of the blues and a critical Civil Rights battle ground. It's natural beauty includes the sandy beaches of the Gulf and the famed waters of the Mighty Mississippi. It's a place where rural towns, seemingly untouched by time, exist alongside cities redefining modern Southern cuisine and culture.
We asked a panel of Mississippi travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite state attractions. For the past four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Mississippi Attraction are as follows:
- B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center - Indianola
- Elvis Presley Birthplace - Tupelo
- Vicksburg National Military Park - Vicksburg
- GRAMMY Museum Mississippi - Cleveland
- Rock & Blues Museum - Clarksdale
- Mississippi Civil Rights Museum - Jackson
- Tupelo Automobile Museum - Tupelo
- Eudora Welty House and Garden - Jackson
- Shack Up Inn - Clarksdale
- Natchez Trace Parkway
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Marlo Kirkpatrick and Melissa Vincent were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Mississippi.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo