One of the most populated states in the Great Plains, Missouri has it all – big city attractions in St. Louis and Kansas City and wild, open places like the rolling Ozark Mountains. We asked 10Best readers to vote for their favorite must-see attractions in the state, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Missouri Attraction are as follows:
- Branson's Entertainment District
- Forest Park - St. Louis
- Missouri Botanical Garden - St. Louis
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art - Kansas City
- City Museum - St. Louis
- Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum - Hannibal
- Arabia Steamboat Museum - Kansas City
- Glore Psychiatric Museum - Saint Joseph
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts - Kansas City
- Harry S. Truman Library and Museum - Independence
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Laura Heck (Missouri Life), Diana Lambdin Meyer (www.mojotraveler.com) and Susan Manlin Katzman (Sweet Leisure) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Missouri.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo