Best Museum for Families: Children's Museum of Indianapolis!
Children's Museum of Houston, Strong National Museum of Play, The Henry Ford and Children's Museum of Pittsburgh also winners
Keeping the kids entertained while traveling can be a challenge, especially on days when the weather doesn't cooperate. Luckily these 10 museums, nominated by a panel of family travel experts and voted by 10Best and USA TODAY readers as the best for families in the U.S., offer engaging, interactive experiences for kids and adults alike.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Museum for Families are as follows:
- Children's Museum of Indianapolis - Indianapolis
- Children's Museum of Houston - Houston
- The Strong National Museum of Play - Rochester, N.Y.
- The Henry Ford - Dearborn, Mich.
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
- Please Touch Museum - Philadelphia
- Museum of Science and Industry - Chicago
- Musical Instrument Museum - Phoenix
- Franklin Institute Science Museum - Philadelphia
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County - Los Angeles
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Katie Dillon (La Jolla Mom), Kyle McCarthy (Family Travel Forum) and Eileen Ogintz (Taking the Kids) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of family travel in the U.S.
Other nominated museums included the American Museum of Natural History, Art Institute of Chicago, Boston Children’s Museum, California Academy of Sciences, Chicago Children's Museum, Explora, Exploratorium, Liberty Science Center, National Air and Space Museum and Port Discovery Children's Museum.
Congratulations to all these wonderful winning museums for families!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo